We are able to offer appointment through an Extended Hours scheme on a Monday Evening between 6:30 and 7.30pm. Appointments are available for the GP, Practice Nurse and the Health Care Assistant
This session is for routine or acute appointments for patients that would normally have difficulty attending during normal core hours, such as patients that are working.
Wigan Federation GP Extended Hours
The Wigan GP Extended Hours now offer appointments with Nurses for a variety of services and reviews between 18:30pm – 20:00pm weekdays and 10:00am – 16:00pm Saturdays.
The appointments are for:
- Cervical Smears
- Contraceptive Pill Checks (not the Depo Provera Injection)
- Long Term Condition Reviews:
- COPD Reviews
- Asthma Reviews
- Diabetes Reviews (annual bloods need to be done a few days before the review date)
- Peripheral Arterial Disease Reviews
- Ischaemic Heart Disease Reviews (annual bloods need to be done a few days before the review date)
- Stroke Reviews
- Atrial Fibrillation Reviews
- Heart Failure Reviews
Ask our call handlers or refer to the website for the list of LTC (Long Term Condition) reviews available and book a double appointment.
Telephone 01942 482848 or refer to our website: www.wigangpalliance.org