FLU CLINIC – WALK IN FLU CLINIC SATURDAY 5TH OCT 9-1
FLU SEASON - SATURDAY MORNING CLINIC 9AM -1PM. CALL TODAY TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT.
WARNING Dangerous pills in circulation in Greater Manchester
Three young people from Bury are in a serious condition in hospital after taking pills they thought were ecstasy (MDMA) Dangerous pills sold as MDMA (ecstasy) The pills contained an extremely high dose of: Alpha-PVP Alpha-PVP is an hallucinogenic stimulant drug. The dose present in the pills was up to 8 times higher than what is normally considered a strong dose of Alpha-PVP. The pills are described as badly made and crumbly and were believed to
have been ‘home made’. They are beige in colour and stamped with the UPS logo. They are described as smelling of vomit.
• The three young people experienced a severe adverse reaction that lasted 20 hours. Symptoms included psychosis, distress; severe paranoia. They are still in a serious condition in hospital.
• Alpha-PVP may cause racing heart rate, agitation, high blood pressure, hallucinations and delirium. Alpha-PVP may be fatal especially in combination with other drugs.
Greater Manchester Drug Early Warning System 18.01.2019
• These pills contain extremely dangerous doses of Alpha-PVP.
• DO NOT TAKE THEM.
• If you have any please dispose of them down the toilet.
• In case of any concerns or emergency ring for an ambulance
ELECTRONIC PRESCRIPTION SERVICE
What is Electronic Prescription Service The Electronic Prescription Service is an NHS Service that sends your prescription directly to the chemist, without the need of a paper copy. If you are interested in this service nominate a Pharmacy of your choice, or inform the receptionist.
Health Care in Greater Manchester is changing Read the Healthier together
LGBT HEALTH -For Sexual and General Health for further information on a range of General and Sexual health resources and information please click the link below:-
Please join our Patient Group CLICK HERE
(General Data Protection Regulation)
A new European Law comes into play for all organisations on the 25th May.
Please notify reception if you are happy for us to contact you via Letter, Telephone Call or Text. The Practice is legally required to work within the new regulation and requires explicit consent from our patients for specific forms of contact.